Well I finally got all the Christmas decorations up, inside and outside. Wow I just realized another fast term at Kaplan University is just about over, with 2 weeks left for this one, Boy the time seems to really just fly by . On January 8th it will be my 1 yr anniversary since I had the Gastric by-pass operation. They say once you hit the one year mark you will stop losing the weight now. However if you still wanted to lose more weight than you would have to do it like all the others with exercise. To date I've lost 92 lbs. (was 242 day of operation, now 150lbs)Actually I wouldn't mind if another 10 to 20 lbs came off, however most of my family members say if I lose any more weight then I'll look too skinny. I have been blessed with great elasticy of my skin, still not one stretch mark nor any extra skin that would need surgery to come off. I kind of figured I wouldn't have a problem with that before hand since during my two pregnancies I never got stretch marks either. The whole operation and recovery period went rather smoothly for me, I was in bed less then a week and home from the hospital in two days. I was back to my normal routine of everyday life after the first week. However I have heard from most people who have this procedure that they have it much more difficult with recovery and more surgery needed to remove extra skin from weight loss. So I'm very thankful to the Lord for such a smooth transition from day one. I feel like a whole new person, like I have a second chance at life. I would reccomend this procedure to anyone. I fought for 5 yrs with my Insurance company to be approved for it. I kept appealing every time I was refused and never gave up, and it paid off. I knew someone who was approved within a year for the procedure, which is the normal amount of time it takes for most seeking this procedure, she was also over 300lbs, which is what they are looking for. It's a wonderful feeling to be able to walk from point A to point B and not feel like I'm grasping for breath so badly. It's also nice to be able to sit Indian style again, and now able to clip my toenails with ease, put my shoes on with ease, and not worry whether or not I'll fit in a chair I go to sit in.Lol. I use to snore very loud, sometimes so loud it would wake myself up. Now my daughter says I never snore. :) Everything just feels so much better. For me this was a miracle come true. I went from size 22 ( in somethings size 24) to size 10 pants now and size 7 in dresses. Merry Christmas to everyone!
Doreen
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

DOREEN,
ReplyDeleteTo with I would like to thank you for all of the kind things that you have done for me as well this term to help me through, a couple of over stressed and time management situations. I think that you can help people with kindness, and it never hurts to share it even if it isnt needed. Besides I like to help if I can.
I to have all of my chritmas decorations up we done it on my birthday as a family thing. WOW, Doreen that is great I would have never guessed, you look like any other normal person and it you think that you would like to lose a couple of more pounds and it would make you feel even better about yourself, by all means do it, I would. Your family might feel that you are looking to skinny because they are used to seeing you as a larger person.
In all it has been great also to have you as a classmate, I have enjoyed your return responses to the blog, and I am glad that there are others who feel the same way about it as I do. I would like to thank you for all of your help and reaching out to me over the miles by phone to help me with the last Units work, and find what I needed.
Good Luck to you Doreen and your future studys as well as your future in general. I think you are doing fine and will continue to do fine throughout. We may run into each other sometime in the future or share another class. LaShandra and I have done that this term. We had classes way back when I first stated Kaplan 3 terms ago and we are not sharing a class again. It is amazing to see how people are changing and coming along in their choice of professions.
MERRY CHRISTMAS,
Sherry W.
Doreen,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your victory and one year anniversary! That is such an ordeal to have come through but you have such a great attitude! Keep it up and good luck!