Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What advice would I give to someone writing their first scientific paper?

My advice would be to first pick a subject that you will have a strong argument about. Then put aside a lot of time for research. Getting much research will be a key factor with writing a good report.  The most important part of writing this paper will be to come up with your thesis statement that will have three points discussed in it. The rest will be easy as you just start putting it all together. Follow all your class instructions and there will be plenty of help in any area you feel weak in. If you have gathered enough research the hardest part will be deciding what parts to put in and what parts to leave out. Oh yea learn all about citing references and when and where to do it. End your scientific paper with a conclusion that will leave your reader wondering or wanting for more. After I finished my scientific report and I sat back and read it all, I felt as though my readers would take my side of the argument after they read my paper.  The funny thing is that before I started my paper I was on the other side untill I started all my research. After the research I was on the opposite side of what I first thought when I picked my topic. Pretty interesting ha?  Good luck everyone!
Doreen Petite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers